Sunday, August 26, 2007

Froggie Heaven....

Yep, I am in froggie heaven.... we have 2 garden ponds in our backyard and we love to have goldfish and tadpoles in them.... this year has been the BEST for both. We must have at least 40 goldfish and 30 frogs this year and they are so much fun to watch. I so enjoy looking for them amongst the water hyacinths. They love to jump out of the pond and go investigating and them you can see them hopping like crazy to get back to the water before you get too close to them. The sit all around the edges of the pond sunning themselves or on top of the leaves of the water plants. Some are huge, others are small. Allan caught them all as tadpoles at St. John's. I hate for winter to come because I know they will be going away to find somewhere to hibernate, but for now they give me so much pleasure. If you click on the photos below, you can see them up close and personal! :-)

4 comments:

Melonie said...

They are so cute Margo! It would be so fun to sit and watch them I'm sure! Can't wait to show these pics to Evan!

Rachael said...

they are so cute!! I love frogs!!!

Holly A said...

What fun! I can see why you enjoy having them around.

Unknown said...

Look at all those frogs!!! So much fun for your pond!