Wednesday, May 23, 2007

What a Man!!!

I tell you........... my hubby is THE BEST!! Among his many, many, MANY things he does for our family is the "grunt" work of gardening...... he loves gardens as much as I do, which is wonderful! We haven't been that happy with a back corner of our yard the last year or so..... this stupid weed took off and killed all my perennials and just choked out the whole garden..... so on Allan's week off this week he is re-vamping it all. It is very time consuming and hard work and he is out there in high 80 degree weather doing it for hours and hours on end. He decided to rip out the gardens, flatten it all and tarp it (to help choke the weed out so it doesn't grow back) then will make a sitting area there with flowers in containers etc. etc.... we are still working out finishing details but I will post a pic when it is all done...... here is a "before" pic and a "in construction" pic. Yes, he still has a smile on his face! :-)


3 comments:

Melonie said...

Can't wait to see the after pics! Your pics of your gardens and ponds are always amazing.

Unknown said...

Margo that looks like such tough work! I bet it will be amazing though!!!!

Emine_Pala_Art_22 said...

wish I had a man like that... Mine is so LAZY lol

xoxo
Emine